Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
Case # 14NF3221
The Two Essential Aspects to Every Personal Injury Case: Liability & Damages
If you’ve been injured and you’re not sure you have a case, give us a call 323 746-8099. Our team at Sasooness Law Group will give your case the personal attention it deserves. We work with motorcycle accidents, car accidents, uber/lyft accidents, scooter accidents, and more.
Si usted ha sido lastimado y no está seguro de tener un caso, llamenos al 323 746-8099. Nuestro equipo en Sasooness Law Group le atenderá su caso completamente en Español. Nosotros trabajamos con accidente de auto, accidente de uber/lyft, accidentes de moto, y mas.
@ Sasooness Law Group https://www.facebook.com/SasoonessLawGroup/
Date: July 21, 2017
SANTA ANA – A man was sentenced today to five years in state prison for shooting at a man in another car on the 91 Freeway.
Defendant: Jerry Valentin, 35, Scottsdale, Arizona
Pleaded guilty on April 12, 2017, to:
- One felony count assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm
- Sentencing enhancement for personal use of a firearm
- Five years in state prison
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 4:20 p.m. on Aug. 4, 2014, Valentin drove eastbound on the 91 Freeway near the Interstate 5 interchange in Fullerton.
- The defendant swerved his vehicle toward a sports utility vehicle (SUV) being driven by Kenneth Baker, a truck driver from Santa Ana and a former reserve police officer.
- Valentin drove alongside the SUV and using a handgun, loaded with shotgun rounds, to fire at least one round at the driver’s side of the Baker’s SUV.
- Valentin hit Baker in the arm and torso as a result of the pellets fired from the shotgun round.
- The defendant discarded the gun on the freeway and drove away from the scene.
- The victim called 911 and continued to follow the defendant’s vehicle.
- At approximately 4:45 p.m. the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stopped a vehicle matching the description of the defendant’s vehicle on the eastbound 91 Freeway near the 241 toll road interchange.
- The Fullerton Police Department arrested the defendant and investigated this case.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Susan Laird, Special Prosecutions Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson