The Santa Ana City Council’s regular meeting is set for today, Tuesday, June 20, at 5 p.m. Members of the public can now participate in person or virtually.
To watch or listen only:
- Public Portal to City Meetings
- YouTube Livestream
- Channel CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
Click here to find out how to submit your comments to the City Council.
Click here to read the meeting agenda, which includes:
- Award a construction contract to RS Construction & Development Inc., the lowest responsible bidder, in accordance with the base bid in the amount of $632,251, for construction of the Santa Ana Library Children’s Patio FY 2020-21, for the term beginning July 20, 2021 and ending upon project completion, and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract subject to non-substantive changes approved by the City Manager and the City Attorney. Approve the Project Cost Analysis for a total estimated construction delivery cost of $790,251, which includes $632,251 for the construction contract, $95,149 for contract administration, inspection and testing, and a $62,851 project contingency for unanticipated or unforeseen work.
- Approve a Shelter Budget for Furnishing, Fixtures and Equipment in an Amount not to exceed $1,000,000 for One-Time Purchases (Non-General Fund)
- Street Naming No. 2021-01 to Change the Name of a Segment of South Lyon Street between East Edinger Avenue and East Saint Andrew Place within the PacifiCenter Development to South Elk Lane
- Approve an Agreement with All City Management Services, Inc. for the School Crossing Guard Program for Either up to a Two-year Term in an Amount Not to Exceed $2,593,334, or up to a Five-Year Term in an Amount Not to Exceed $6,869,996 (General Fund)
- Resolution No. 2021-XXX – Adopt a resolution declaring the City Council’s intent to hold a public hearing on August 17, 2021 to award a solid waste franchise to one of four proposers, which includes Athens Services, CR&R Environmental Services, Republic Services, or Waste Management.
- Discuss and Consider Directing the City Manager to Direct City Staff to Draft an Ordinance that Would Impose a Fine Equivalent to the Median Rent of a Two-Bedroom Apartment in Santa Ana on Property Owners Who Rent Unpermitted Residential Units and Unpermitted Spaces for Residential Purposes. The fine would be Payable to the City of Santa Ana to be Distributed to the Persons Who Occupied the Unpermitted Units or Spaces – Councilmember Bacerra.