Orange County, Calif. (February 19, 2021) – The County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) announced that it will extend in-person office hours at its four currently open public assistance regional centers, effective Monday, February 22, 2021. The expanded hours will help to ensure a greater number of Orange County residents have in-person access to public assistance benefits and related services, while planning for the safety and protection of SSA clients and staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning Monday, February 22, 2021, the following locations will be open to the public with limited functionality, Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
Anaheim Regional Center
3320 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806 Laguna Hills Regional Center
23330 Moulton Parkway
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Garden Grove Regional Center
12912 Brookhurst St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840 Santa Ana Regional Center
1928 S. Grand Ave., BLDG. B &C
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Clients who arrive at SSA facilities will go through a brief pre-check process prior to being allowed entry into an SSA lobby. SSA staff will inquire about the purpose of the client’s visit and will conduct a short health screening questionnaire. Visitors will be strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing throughout their visit. Further, all visitors, unless under the age of two, those who have breathing issues or those with an underlying medical or mental health issue, are required to wear a face mask or cloth facial covering for the safety of others.
SSA will continue to provide drive through benefits issuance of new and replacement EBT and Medi-Cal Benefits Identification Cards (BIC) by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799 or contact your assigned caseworker.
Limited visitations and Live Scan appointments remain by appointment only for Children & Family Services clients.
All other SSA offices will remain closed to the public until further notice.
Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information are strongly encouraged to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below, to avoid long in-person wait times and help prevent the spread of illness.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- As another option, individuals applying for CalFresh benefits only may visit www.getcalfresh.org
- Households interested in applying for Medi-Cal only may also visit www.coveredca.com
- By phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001.
- In addition, if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464.
- Please call the Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
For additional information on SSA programs, please visit: www.ssa.ocgov.com. And, to stay up-to-date with information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.