Media Contact: Michelle Hart, (949) 533-7656, email@example.com
Anaheim, CA – More than 10,000 third-graders from more than 100 schools from all corners of Orange County will descend upon Angel Stadium the morning of Thursday, Nov. 13 for the annual “Gift of History” celebration.
The educational program will teach students about Orange County’s rich history in an interactive and entertaining manner, and include presentations from elected officials, business and regional education leaders.
WHAT: The Gift of History – An Educational Program
WHO: The current list of presenters includes:
- Todd Spitzer, Orange County Supervisor
- Gail Eastman, Anaheim Mayor Pro tem, author of Anna’s Home by the River, and Chairman of the Children’s Education Foundation of Orange County
- Cindy Galardi Culpepper, Chairperson and CEO of Galardi Group, Inc. GGI includes: Wienerschnitzel (the world’s largest hot dog chain), Tastee Freez, Hamburger Stand, and Two Madres Mexican Kitchen)
- Gaddi Vazquez, former Ambassador to the Vatican and member of the Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Stan Oftelie, author of “Nothing Rhymes with Orange” and an Orange County historian
- Mickey Mouse
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. VIP Breakfast, media welcome
10a .m. – 11 a.m., Gift of History lesson
WHERE: Angel Stadium, Anaheim, CA
Media entrance off of the Orangewood entrance
Press passes will be available upon arrival
ABOUT: The Gift of History is a partnership between the Orange County Education Foundation, The Literacy Project and several key sponsors including: Kaiser Permanente, Schools First Federal Credit Union, Disneyland Resort, HP, Orange County Department of Education, Angels Baseball, Orange County Water District, Orange County Transportation Authority, Southern California Edison and Anaheim Public Utilities.
# # #