The Santa Ana City Council will have a Special Meeting at 4 p.m. today, Aug. 4, 2020.
The meeting will start with a closed session. An open session will follow for a single agenda item – the appropriation of $28.6 million of federal CARES Act money allocated from the State and approval of the proposed CARES spending plan.
The meeting agenda is available here. Tonight’s agenda includes:
- Approve an appropriation adjustment. (Requires five affirmative votes). APPROPRIATION ADJUSTMENT NO. 2021–008 – Approve an appropriation adjustment to allocate the full $28,580,208 of state-allocated funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, & Economic Security (CARES) Act for various expenditures to respond to COVID-19.
- Approve the proposed CARES spending plan.
- Authorize the City Manager to move the appropriation between departments, within the CARES special revenue fund, to adjust as needed for residents’ actual use of each program.
In an ongoing effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and to ensure the public’s right to fully participate in providing meaningful public comments, the City Council will meet via teleconference and there will be no in-person public meeting location. The public is advised of the following:
Public comments will be held during the beginning of the meeting for ALL comments on agenda and non-agenda items.
Individuals who would like to comment on an agenda item or make a general comment regarding a topic not in the meeting’s agenda may do so by:
1. Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m. Comments received after the cut off will be included as part of the record as early as possible; or
2. Calling (669) 900-9128, entering the Meeting ID: 315-965-149#. The public can begin joining the speaker queue at 4 p.m. Once a caller has entered the meeting, they will be placed in a holding queue.
All members of the public may watch or listen into the meeting live via these remote options:
• YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofsantaanavideos/live
• Channel CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
• Teleconference line at (669) 900-9128, Meeting ID: 315-965-149#
• Spanish audio can be heard at http://santaana.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=1
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.