The annual O.C. Women’s March is set for January 19, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – 1PM
While you don’t need a ticket to attend, the event organizers ask that you please sign up on their event page so they can have a better idea of how many people are coming.
About the 2019 OC Women’s March:
Thousands of women, men, and families peacefully took to the streets in Orange County for the past two years to make their voices heard on a variety of issues and to demand change.
Our diverse groups marched together under the idea that women’s rights are human rights and to make Orange County and our nation, more safe, fair and supportive of all women.
At the OC Women’s March this year, we want to emphasize and celebrate our pride in all we have accomplished together. Our county’s newfound strength was confirmed this past November when the activism in Orange County fueled the biggest transformation our community has ever seen.
This year, thousands of people will take to the streets again to claim our victory and more importantly demonstrate unity and solidarity in the work ahead.
Tips for a great 2019 OC Women’s March
- Promote the March!
- Download and print flyers to distribute to your local organizations, churches, cultural clubs, community bulletin boards, book clubs… where ever!
- Download and print the “Our Movement” poster. Write in why you’re marching, snap a picture, and then tag us on social media. We’ll try to share all picture entries.
- Tag your friends on social media to encourage them to march with you.
- Use Hashtags. #OCWomensMarch #OurMovement
- Get your friends together for a sign making party. Please remember that this is a peaceful, family-friendly March so offensive, violent, and obscene posters are not allowed
Day of the March:
- Wear comfy shoes! Between the parking lot to the March start and the March loop, you’ll definitely get your steps in.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen, water bottle, a snack, and of course, your sign.
- Have a plan. Parking information will go out a few days before the March. We highly encourage you to carpool and have a meeting plan in case you get separated from friends. With over 20,000 people, cell service can be impacted.
- Clean up: Please remember that we are walking through beautiful downtown Santa Ana where people work and live. Be respectful at all times and don’t leave a mess. Dispose of your signs at home. Please do not leave them at the March.