Kevin Louis Galetto, 61, a Westminster man, was arrested by FBI agents early in the morning on Friday, April 23, at a home in connection with the Jan. 6 Trumper attack at the U.S. Capitol.
Galetto was taken arrested on a variety of suspected offenses, including:
- Assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees
- Obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder
- Obstruction of justice
- Entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds
- Committing an act of physical violence in any restricted building or grounds
- Violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds
The Westminster police were not notified of the arrest in advance nor where they involved in the arrest.
Galetto will appear in a Federal court at 2 p.m. Friday, April 23.
In related news, the New Mexico city of Albuquerque has sent an unpaid bill for former President Donald Trump to a collection agency. The bill for $211,175.94 stems from an event organized by Trump’s reelection campaign in 2019 in the nearby city of Rio Rancho, The Albuquerque Journal reported Thursday.