There appears to be an anti-Mayor Pulido cult in town and I find it rather laughable. Simply put, these folks can’t beat him. So why is that?
Well, here are my Top Ten reasons why the Pulido haters can’t beat him:
- You cannot beat Pulido if you are a criminal defense lawyer who specializes in getting gang bangers out of jail. (Alfredo Amezcua – lost badly to Pulido in 2010)
- You cannot beat Pulido if your campaign gets derailed when your half-brother gets arrested, for violating parole (Michele Martinez in 2008)
- You cannot beat Pulido if you look like a white supremacist (Thomas Gordon in 2006)
- You cannot beat Pulido if you use the word “vibrant” 2,000 times but never offer up any ideas as to how exactly you will make Santa Ana more “vibrant” (David Benavides in 2012)
- You cannot beat Pulido if you hate Mexicans (Stanley Fiala in 2004) Continue reading