The Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce and Connect to Council are hosting a candidates forum for the upcoming Santa Ana City Council Ward 4 and SAUSD School Board election, on Sep. 24, at the Delhi Center, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The Delhi Center is located at 505 E. Central Ave.
The Ward 4 City Council candidates include:
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
- Phil Bacerra (D), a former Santa Ana Planning Commissioner who sued Reyna after the November election on the grounds that Reyna screwed up his campaign paperwork and never should have been allowed on the ballot. Phil was right!
- Jennifer Oliva (D), a Santa Ana Arts and Culture Commissioner
- Gale Oliver, Jr. (No Party Preference – NPP), a Baptist bishop
- Brandon Sisco – Businessman
- Manuel Escamilla – Urban Planner
The SAUSD School Board candidates include:
Is your employer a mess? Call Sasooness.
In the state of California for every 5 hours worked an employee must get a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch break. For every 3 hours worked an employee must get an uninterrupted 10-minute rest break. Working over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week is due overtime. Don’t let your employer screw you! Give us a call at 323 746-8099.
En el estado de California por cada 5 horas de trabajo su patrón le debe permitir tener un receso de media hora sin interrupciones. Si trabaja más de 8 horas en un día o más de 40 horas de trabajo en una semana su patrón le debe pagar tiempo y medio. No deje que su patrón abuse de su trabajo. No importa que no tenga papeles. Usted tiene derechos. Llamenos al 323 746-8099.
- Cecilia Aguinaga – a Realtor who has run for the SAUSD School Board a few times before. Aguinaga has served on various City Commissions over the years. She currently serves on the Santa Ana Housing and Redevelopment Commission.
- David Benavides – a former Santa Ana City Councilman who now heads up a non-profit, Kidworks.
- Gisela Contreras – a parent/businesswoman who is endorsed by Iglesias.
- Carolyn Torres – a 7th grade teacher who has very liberal views.
Attendees all have the opportunity to submit questions in advance.
You may do so here:
The City Council and SAUSD School Board elections will be held on Nov. 5.