Assemblyman Jose Solorio’s Special End of Year Request
As you make end-of-year or beginning-of-year funding decisions for worthy non-profit organizations, I hope you’ll consider the Orange County Leadership Fund. Your support would not only help our cause, but also provide you with an eligible tax deduction.
Orange County is a thriving community with a population of over three million people. Maintaining our county’s quality of life will require the active involvement of community leaders, elected officials, youth and many local residents. The Orange County Leadership Fund hopes to inspire that involvement.
The Orange County Leadership Fund supports leadership workshops, innovative education initiatives, neighborhood clean-up projects, and programs addressing local and state policy issues.
I am especially supportive of the organization’s new Solorio Scholars program. The Solorio Scholars program was created to inspire more high school students from central Orange County to apply for college and help them pay for their college application fees – which few scholarship programs assist with.
The Solorio Scholars (Class of 2011) will be recognized on December 11th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The event will be at the Delhi Center in Santa Ana, in case you would like to attend or sponsor the event.
Private donations to the Orange County Leadership Fund also enable us to fulfill our mission and support great programs in the community, including:
- High School, Inc. (new career technical education school at Valley High School in partnership with the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce)
- Achievement Institute of Scientific Studies program (after-school program for high school students focusing on engineering, mathematics, science and technology)
- CLEATS program (soccer initiative to promote teamwork, healthy living and the sport that is loved worldwide)
- Cesar E. Chavez Community Celebrations (school assemblies, community events in recognition of Cesar Chavez Holiday in Anaheim and Santa Ana)
- Catalina Island Excursion Program (multi-day trip to expose low-income children to life outside the inner city)
Please consider becoming a sponsor of the Orange County Leadership Fund. Sponsorships of $5,000, $2,500, $1,000 or even $100 would be much appreciated.
Donation checks can be made out to the organization, “Orange County Leadership Fund” and mailed to: OCLF, Attn – Jessica Gutierrez, P.O. Box 27171, Santa Ana, CA 92799. This is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, with the tax ID #27-1096489. Contributions are tax deductible. We hope we can count on your support. Thank you for your consideration.