The Superbowl is not until tomorrow – so tonight you can revel in the arts, in Downtown Santa Ana, where the First Saturday Art Walk is set to kick off at 7 pm, on Feb. 2.
The Art Walk features arts, crafts and live entertainment centrally located at: the Artists Village – Second Street Promenade (2nd & Broadway) & the Santiago Arts Colony (Santa Ana Blvd. & Poinsettia).
Highlights of tonight’s Art Walk include:
- “The Art of Kray” art show at GCS Santa Ana Gallery. Featuring the art of Kray Sudderth. 7 pm – 11 pm.
- FEB 2 – MC GALLERY ( 415 N SYCAMORE, SUITE 102 – DTSA ) – an exhibition demystifying the idea of love and its redundancies.
- FEB 2 – AVANTGARDEN ( 207 N. BROADWAY, STE B-7B – DTSA ) – First Impressions Photographic Exhibition Group will be the featured artist this month at AVANTGARDEN. FI is comprised of 12 Orange County photographers who share a common goal of inspiring each other to excel in their individual creative paths, while simultaneously expressing each member’s interpretation in the presentation of various group themes. This month’s theme is CARS. The show will run February 2 – 24, with the opening reception during the February 2 ART WALK, 7 – 10 pm. And back by popular demand, music will be provided by THREE G PROJECT.
- FEB 2 – LEFT OF THE DIAL RECORDS ( 320 FRENCH ST., UNIT B – DTSA) – ELECTRO CITY @ LEFT OF THE DIAL RECORDS, We will be kicking out the jams with our good friends from Phantom Fuzz at left of the dial records for February Art Walk, so come on down and get crazy wild with us! FREE ALL AGES! Phantom Fuzz 8PM, Electro City 9PM
- FEB 1 – OCCCA ( 117 N SYCAMORE – DTSA) – “Embrace.” Matjames Metson, Kim Tucker and Michael Giancristiano, February 2 – March 16th, 2013, Opening Reception February 2nd 6-10pm. In the work of each of these three artists can be found a transformation of the normal and everyday and a loving view of the otherwise discarded, disregarded and rejected. Imperfect and undesirable creatures, abandoned or forgotten everyday objects and the intense interrogation of an otherwise unremarkable material divulges each artists’ tender enfolding and sharing of their vision. “Embrace shows us how to remember that we all are the imperfect, the hope-filled the commonplace and the haunted.”
- FEB 1 – GCAC ( 125 N. BROADWAY – DTSA) – Brent Green, To Many Men Strange Fates Are Given, January 1 – February 10, 2013. To Many Men Strange Fates Are Given* reveals itself through a multi-plane animated sculpture, a series of polarized lenses and structures created by artist Brent Green for the viewer’s discovery and wonderment.
- VLVT Saturday: STAR BAR 21+ w/ WENDY HO & DJ MIKE BRYANT. Saturday is STAR BAR (now 21+)! This is the Saturday nightclub event you don’t want to miss. Packed with OC’s hottest crowd every Saturday, Velvet Lounge hosts weekly celebrities, so you can truly party with the stars every weekend. @ the Velvet Lounge, located at 416 W 4th St., Santa Ana, from 9 pm until 2 am.
- Post Art walk acoustic jam & after party @ Arte de la Tierra, located at 1415 N Main St., in Santa Ana, from 10:30 pm until 1:30 am.
- The Yost Theater – TONIGHT the return of Get Down unleashed MMA/CAGE FIGHTING inside The Yost Theater! Check out some of the action from last months fight!! Doors open at 5pm, fights start at 6pm!
Original Mike’s, “Smooth Touch” will be here. Special performance this Saturday Feb. 02 from 7pm to 8pm. 7 Piece band ages 13 to 18 called Ultimate Vibe. Located at 100 South Main Street, in Santa Ana.
- Theatre Out – “title of show” – A musical about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical? This unique musical dives into the essence of friendship and the creative process in a new and exciting way. [title of show] is, above all, a love letter to the musical theatre—a uniquely American art form—and to the joy of collaboration. The musical received a Tony Award nomination for Best Book of a Musical in 2009. The New York Daily News raves [title of show] is a “terrific. a kick-ass time.” The Star Ledger calls it “a genuine treat!”@ 8 pm, at The Empire Theatre Santa Ana, located at 202 N. Broadway, in Santa Ana. Buy tickets.
- Memphis at the Santora – DJ Adjective spins Tales of the Unexpected in Santa Ana at Memphis at the Santora. Located at 201 N. Broadway in Santa Ana.