ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (Sept. 25, 2020) — If you thought masks weren’t cool in Orange County, think again.
All of Orange County’s 34 mayors have teamed up to send a message to residents, businesses and visitors: “Mask up to open up OC!”
The message comes in a video featuring Orange County’s mayors socially distant and masked up at iconic locations across Orange County.
Sites include Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Huntington Beach, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, the Tustin Hangars, Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, Laguna Beach’s Festival of the Arts Amphitheater, Los Alamitos Race Course and Yorba Linda’s Birthplace of Richard Milhous Nixon.
The 34 mayors:
• Aliso Viejo: Mayor Mike Munzing
• Anaheim: Mayor Harry Sidhu
• Brea: Mayor Marty Simonoff
• Buena Park: Mayor Fred Smith
• Costa Mesa: Mayor Katrina Foley
• Cypress: Mayor Rob Johnson
• Dana Point: Mayor Richard Viczorek
• Fountain Valley: Mayor Cheryl Brothers
• Fullerton: Mayor Jennifer Fitzgerald
• Garden Grove: Mayor Steven Jones
• Huntington Beach: Mayor Lyn Semeta
• Irvine: Mayor Christina Shea
• La Habra: Mayor Tom Beamish
• La Palma: Mayor Peter Kim
• Laguna Beach: Mayor Bob Whalen
• Laguna Hills: Mayor Janine Heft
• Laguna Niguel: Mayor Laurie Davies
• Laguna Woods: Mayor Noel Hatch
• Lake Forest: Mayor Neeki Moatazedi
• Los Alamitos: Mayor Richard Murphy
• Mission Viejo: Mayor Brian Goodell
• Newport Beach: Mayor Will O’Neill
• Orange: Mayor Mark Murphy
• Placentia: Mayor Ward Smith
• Rancho Santa Margarita: Mayor Bradley McGirr
• San Clemente: Mayor Pro Tem Laura Ferguson
• San Juan Capistrano: Mayor Troy Bourne
• Santa Ana: Mayor Miguel Pulido
• Seal Beach: Mayor Schelly Sustarsic
• Stanton: Mayor David Shawver
• Tustin: Mayor Allan Bernstein
• Villa Park: Mayor Robbie Pitts
• Westminster: Mayor Tri Ta
• Yorba Linda: Mayor Beth Haney
The video drives home that across diverse Orange County, we are all in this together and must work together to keep fighting coronavirus in our communities.
As Orange County’s COVID-19 case numbers and testing positivity rates continue a dramatic decline, we’re moving toward gradual reopening of more businesses and activities.
But, as we do so, wearing masks will be more important than ever to ensure we maintain our progress, keep our cases low and prevent another shutdown.
The OC mayors’ promotional video debuts Friday, Sept. 25, on social media throughout Orange County as well as on local TV stations.
You can see it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXroRLLaIQ
The video is produced in partnership with the Orange County Mayors coalition and the Orange County School for the Arts.
For more information on coronavirus in Orange County, visit https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/.