SANTA ANA, Calif. – Orange County Treasurer Shari Freidenrich announced that over 885,000 secured property tax bills totaling more than $8.7 billion have been mailed to the property owners at the address on the most recent tax roll. The secured property tax bills are also now available online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill.
The first installment of FY 2023-24 secured property taxes is due and payable on November 1, 2023 and will become delinquent if not paid by December 11, 2023. The second installment is due and payable on February 1, 2024 and will become delinquent if not paid by April 10, 2024. Payments can be made online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill by eCheck at no cost using a checking or savings account, or by credit/debit card (a 2.29% service fee with a minimum charge of $1.95 applies). A complete list of payment options can be found by clicking on “Payment Options” at octreasurer.com/octaxbill or by visiting octreasurer.com/paymentoptions.
If you have not yet received a 2023-24 secured property tax bill in the mail, you can obtain a copy online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill. The California Revenue & Taxation Code states that not receiving a property tax bill does not relieve you from your responsibility to pay the balance owed by the due date. The website also provides an up-to-date online statement for all secured property, including the status of current and prior year’s tax bills plus any delinquencies, penalties or fees. Simply input either your Assessor Parcel Number (APN), or property address.
Property Tax Tips:
- Sign up to receive a payment reminder by text or email at octreasurer.com/eSubscriptions.
- Pay property tax bills online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill by eCheck (bank account) at no cost and receive same day credit and an emailed receipt.
- Check out all payment options by clicking “Payment Options” at octreasurer.com/octaxbill or by visiting octreasurer.com/paymentoptions.
- In-person tax payments and other County services are available in the County Service Center at 601 N. Ross Street in Santa Ana
- Scan the QR code on your property tax bill to be taken directly to your parcel’s online tax bill.
- View 14 years of property tax bills, and payment details for the previous two years.
- View tax bill details in an easy-to-read format with a GIS map by visiting mello.ocgov.com with details of any applicable Mello Roos/PACE assessments and nearby local services and parks, or by clicking on the map after you input your APN online.
- View our Property Tax eGuides at octreasurer.com/propertytaxeguides.
- Go to octreasurer.com/taxdollar to see where the 1% of assessed value you pay in Property Taxes goes.
- View and subscribe to our Financial Tip of the Week at octreasurer.com/financialtips.