FOR MORE INFORMATION: Jan. 30, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Joel Zlotnik (714) 560-5713 , Laura Scheper (714) 560-5697
Newly Appointed OCTA Chairman Winterbottom Announces Goals for 2013
Initiatives focus on delivering programs that improve the quality of life for Orange County residents
ORANGE – Newly selected Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) Chairman Greg Winterbottom unveiled his strategic initiatives for the year ahead, placing the focus on improving transit, rail and bicycle programs and advancing the delivery of Measure M2 projects.
Winterbottom’s priorities call for emphasizing community outreach, developing effective funding strategies and creating efficient planning methods to speed up M2 project construction.
“I am eager to carry out my initiatives and deliver transportation solutions that meet the needs of our residents,” said Winterbottom. “OCTA is continually seeking innovative ways to keep Orange County moving and I’m confident these initiatives will help improve our transportation network.”
The strategic initiatives unveiled by Winterbottom today include:
· Advance delivery of the M2020 projects
· Explore new and enhanced transit services
· Improve passenger rail services
· Enhance regional bicycle programs
· Emphasize community outreach and involvement in delivery of M2020 projects
· Strengthen regional partnerships
· Develop effective funding strategies and programs
· Maintain M2 ordinance promise to voters
· Continue to support environmental stewardship and sustainability initiatives
· Refine and update the strategic plan
· Ensure accountability and efficiency in operations
· Advance workforce development and maximize human capital potential
# # #
Orange County Transportation Authority
One thought on “Newly appointed OCTA Chairman Winterbottom announces goals for 2013”
Why is this failed Villa Park Council Candidate (in around 1972!) still on the OCTA Board? Can’t they find another guy in a wheel chair to be the “voice of the disabled”? How about some new people on this board? There are only one or two Public Positions on this board and they keep this rubber stamper on there forever.