Free and Open to the Public. Includes Admission to Bowers Museum and Kidseum.
Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival
Huang Sculpture Garden, 11-3:30 pm
- Face painting, Fish Prints and Cherry Blossom Water Color painting art projects
- Bonsai Display by Kofu Bonsai Kai Club
John M. Lee Court
- 12:00 pm Nihon Buyo: the classical dance of Japan performed by Hanaygi Rokufumi
- 12:30 pm Koto: (13-string zither) Performed by Saeko Kujiraoka
- 1:30 pm Intermission
- 1:45 pm Shamisen: (percussive lute) performed by Mike Penny
- 2:30 pm Taiko: (folk drumming) performed by Taiko Center of Los Angeles
- 3:00 pm Japanese folk dance performed by Hanaygi Rokufumi
Free admission to WHERE ENDS MEET: A Retrospective of Works by Nancy Ravenhall Johnson; TREASURES OF VERA CRUZ and to permanent exhibitions including: Sacred Realms: Temple Murals by Shashi Dhoj Tulachan; Spirits and Headhunters: Art of the Pacific Islands; California Legacies: Missions and Ranchos; Vision of the Shaman, Song of the Priest; California: The Golden Years; Ancient Arts of China.
KIDSEUM is FREE and OPEN 10 AM – 4 PM
HIGH-TECH & INTERACTIVE FOCUS on ART & ARCHAEOLOGY
- Face Painting, Cherry Blossom Scrolls and Koi Fish Kites art projects
Join Master Storyteller, Miss Cynthia, for presentations at:
- 10:30 AM The Rhino who Swallowed a Storm Written by LeVar Burton
- 11:30 AM The Coyote and the Colorado River (Native American)
- 1:30 PM Tikki Tikki Tembo (China) Written by Arlene Mosel
- 2:30 PM How the Tortoise Got Her Shell (The Greedy Farmer)
- 3:30 PM The Empty Pot (China)
The Kidseum is located 2 blocks south of the Bowers Museum at 1802 N. Main Street
Free admission to special exhibition: Soulful Creatures: Animal Mummies In Ancient Egypt, is limited to the first 1,500 people on a first come, first served basis. Each recipient must be present. Tickets can be picked up in the North Wing.
Free admission is also included to Bowers Museum permanent exhibitions, Kidseum and limited engagement exhibitions including: Beethoven: The Late Great; Sacred Realms: Temple Murals by Shashi Dhoj Tulachand; Spirits and Headhunters: Art of the Pacific Islands; California Legacies: Missions and Ranchos; Vision of the Shaman, Song of the Priest; California: The Golden Years; Ancient Arts of China, and Framed: Step into Art at Kidseum.
Free admission to Bowers Kidseum included. Kidseum hours: 10 AM – 4 PM.
For more information, contact 714.567.3600.