There are a number of local charities and organizations offering free Thanksgiving meals this week in and around Santa Ana. Here is a list of the free meals we were able to identify:
- The Santa Ana Salvation Army Temple will open its doors to offer all in need this holiday season a warm, turkey meal on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, at 11 am. They are located at 1710 W. Edinger Avenue, in Santa Ana. Contact: Major Horta- (714) 545-2937.
- 100 Turkeys for FREE! and 5 baskets of food for a Thanksgiving Dinner set for Wednesday, Nov 27, 2013, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Anaheim Marketplace Anaheim, located at 1440 s. Anaheim Blvd., in Anaheim. 50 Turkeys will be handed on Monday November 25, 2013 and the other half on Wednesday November 27, 2013. A Thanksgiving Dinner Raffle will also be held! 5 Families will be taking home a basket filled with food for a Thanksgiving Dinner. Call 714-999-0888.
- The 27th Annual We Give Thanks Inc. Thanksgiving Dinner is set for Thursday, November 28, 2013. Free hot Thanksgiving meals being served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Honda Center Parking Lot located at 2695 East Katella Ave., in Anaheim. (714) 231-8418.
- There is a Free Thanksgiving meal set for on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28, at Pepper Tree Park in the city of Tustin from Noon to 5 p.m., hosted by Tyron Jackson. For more information please call, 714 363-6621. If you are interested in donating click here.
- A Thanksgiving as it Should Be All-Community Dinner 2013 is set for Thursday, Nov 28 at 7:00 pm at Mariners Church Irvine, CA. RSVP is required. Contact email@example.com or 949.769.8262
- A Community Thanksgiving Dinner is set for Thursday, Nov 28, 2013 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, at the Westminster Community Center, in Westminster, located at 8200 Westminster Blvd., in Westminster, in the Community Services Building, East-West Room.
Click here if you would like to donate to the Orange County Rescue Mission, which will be working hard to feed needy kids on Thanksgiving.