State Senator Lou Correa and State Controller John Chiang, in conjunction with the Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Orange County and Legal Aid Society of Orange County invite you to attend a free 2011 Income Tax Preparation for individuals and families, through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program for taxpayers with annual incomes of $49,000 or less.
Learn more about how you may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit Program and other constituent services! Wednesday, February 8, 2012, from 2pm to 7pm at the Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Orange County, located at 1920 Old Tustin Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
Please note this is a free service for low-to-moderate income taxpayers filing basic 2011 federal and California state tax returns. Taxpayers with complex tax issues or in need of tax advice should consult a professional tax advisor.
Volunteers are certified by the IRS and all information is confidential. Tax preparation is done in a private area.
Some individuals may be eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit. You must bring the above documents and make an appointment. Please make your appointment for your FREE income tax preparation by calling Senator Lou Correa’s office at (714) 558-4400.
Any information, materials, or services provided at this event are the sole responsibility of the provider of the information, materials, or services and do not constitute legal services or tax advice from the California State Senate.
Documents to Bring:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification
- Number for all family members
- All W-2s, 1098s and 1099s (if any)
- Copy of Prior-Year Tax Return
- Bank Account and Routing Number for Direct Deposit of your refund or Direct Debit of your balance due
- Other income/expense information
- Total Tuition Fees & Expenses
- Total Expenses Paid for Child/Day Care
- Day Care Providers’ Identifying Number
- Landlord’s name, address and phone number for the CA Renter’s Tax Credit