ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
Case # 17CF1023
Is your employer a mess? Call Sasooness.
In the state of California for every 5 hours worked an employee must get a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch break. For every 3 hours worked an employee must get an uninterrupted 10-minute rest break. Working over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week is due overtime. Don’t let your employer screw you! Give us a call at 323 746-8099.
En el estado de California por cada 5 horas de trabajo su patrón le debe permitir tener un receso de media hora sin interrupciones. Si trabaja más de 8 horas en un día o más de 40 horas de trabajo en una semana su patrón le debe pagar tiempo y medio. No deje que su patrón abuse de su trabajo. No importa que no tenga papeles. Usted tiene derechos. Llamenos al 323 746-8099.
Date: April 26, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – An Uber driver was charged yesterday with raping a female passenger in Santa Ana.
Defendant/Charges/Maximum Sentence/Court Date
- Angel Sanchez, 37, Costa Mesa
- One felony count of rape of intoxicated victim
- Eight years in state prison
- Arraignment: May 1, 2017, 8:30 a.m. at Department C-55, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On March 30, 2017, the victim was at a company gathering in Newport Beach.
- The victim’s colleagues requested an Uber ride for her from the gathering to the victim’s home in Santa Ana.
- At the time of the crime, defendant Angel Sanchez was a driver for Uber and is accused of picking up the victim in a 2016 gray Toyota Sienna.
- Sanchez is accused of driving the victim to a street near her residence in Santa Ana and sexually assaulting the victim in his vehicle while she was under the influence of alcohol.
- The victim ran from the defendant’s vehicle and immediately called 911 reporting that she was attacked.
- Santa Ana Police Department investigated this case and arrested Sanchez on April 1, 2017.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Mena Guirguis, Sexual Assault Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson