The SAPD is going to hold a joint press conference with the OCDA, OC Sheriff’s Department Crime Lab and the California Attorney General’s office regarding the Montebello man, Francisco Javier Lopez, who has been charged with twelve felonies in connection with the 2012 kidnapping and rape of a child, in Santa Ana.
The joint press conference will be held on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 10:00 am at the Santa Ana Police Department’s Community Room.
- Santa Ana Police Chief David Valentin
- Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer
- CA Department of Justice, Assistant Bureau Director for the Bureau of Forensic Services, Elissa Mayo
- Orange County Sheriff’s Crime Lab Director, Bruce Houlihan
ARRESTEE: FRANCISCO JAVIER LOPEZ (45) MONTEBELLO
Lopez has been charged with the following:
- 1 felony count of kidnapping to commit a sex offense
- 1 felony count of oral copulation of a child under the age of 11
- 3 felony counts of sexual penetration of a child under the age of 11
- 1 felony count of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 11
- 5 felony counts of a forcible lewd and lascivious act with a child under the age of 14
- 1 felony count of dissuading a witness.
Lopez has also been charged with four sentencing enhancements of causing bodily injury to a child under 14 and aggravated kidnapping.
He faces life without the possibility of parole if convicted of all charges, and is currently being held at the Theo Lacy Facility in Orange.
Santa Ana Police Chief David Valentin will join the Orange County District Attorney’s Office and the California Attorney General’s Office to discuss how a statewide effort by local and state agencies led to Lopez’s arrest.