Orange County, Calif. – Following the Governor’s Regional Stay-at-Home Order that went to effect on Sunday December 6th in Southern California and other regions throughout the state, Orange County residents are required to remain at home as much as possible to reduce their exposure to illness. As a result, the County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) highly encourages that residents apply for and/or access their essential public assistance benefits and services by phone or online and avoid in-office visits for their safety and the safety of the community.
Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information are strongly encouraged to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- As another option, individuals applying for CalFresh benefits only may visit www.getcalfresh.org
- Households interested in applying for Medi-Cal only may visit www.coveredca.com
- By Phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
While SSA will also continue to offer services from four regional offices currently open to the public with limited functionality, the Agency urges the public to use alternative access points if possible. The limited functionality at four regional offices allows for in-office visits, especially for those individuals who may have limited or no access to a phone or internet. SSA triage staff will continue to conduct brief visitor health screenings at these locations and all visitors must wear appropriate face coverings prior to entering the facilities.
The following SSA regional office locations are currently open to the public on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aliso Viejo Regional Center at 115 Columbia, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Anaheim Regional Center at 3320 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim, CA 92806
- Garden Grove Regional Center at 12912 Brookhurst St., Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Santa Ana Regional Center at 1928 S. Grand Ave., BLDG. B, Santa Ana, CA 92705
According to SSA Director Debra Baetz, “SSA continues to deliver essential services and critical safety net benefits to the community, and as such, we will continue to keep our four regional offices open to the public with limited hours.” She continued, “However, the same services being provided from these offices can be obtained through our online portal as well the SSA Call Center. We urge you stay home, stay safe and utilize these alternate access points.”
Residents can access other SSA services and programs as follows:
• SSA will continue to provide drive-through benefits issuance — for the distribution of new and replacement Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and Benefits Identification Cards (BIC) — by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799 or contact your assigned caseworker.
• To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001.
• To apply for Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), please call (800) 281-9799.
• If you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464 or (714) 940-1000.
• Please call the Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
For additional information on SSA programs, visit: www.ssa.ocgov.com.
To stay up-to-date on information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, go to: www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.