ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
Case # 17CF2332
Date: September 20, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man is scheduled to be arraigned today for the stabbing-murder of his wife in a Santa Ana apartment.
Defendant: Mark Lewis Amacher Jr., 38, Santa Ana
Charged today with:
- One felony count of murder
- One misdemeanor count of disobeying a court order
- Sentencing Enhancement
- Personal use of a knife
- Prior felony conviction for vandalism in 2016
Maximum Sentence: 27 years to life in state prison
Sept. 20, 2017, time to be determined
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On Sept. 18, 2017, at approximately 2:45 a.m., Amacher is accused of stabbing his wife, 58-year-old Carrie Beckett, multiple times in the chest in the living room of a Santa Ana apartment.
- The defendant is accused of violating a restraining order by being in contact with the victim.
Amacher is accused of calling an acquaintance, who called 911.
- The Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD) responded and located the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of multiple stab wounds.
- SAPD arrested Amacher at the scene. The defendant’s acquaintance was arrested for an unrelated warrant.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Mark Birney, Homicide Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson