Members of the Santa Ana community with small businesses are encouraged to check-out the Small Business Incentive Program.
Grant Amounts for Qualified Business Expenses:
- Up to $5,000 for businesses with a storefront
- Up to $2,500 for Santa Ana residents with businesses operating in Santa Ana without a storefront
Criteria for Participation:
- New Santa Ana business within three years of operation
- Business License & Certificate of Occupancy
- Microenterprise with 5 or fewer employees, including the owners
- Either Income Qualifying or Geographic qualifying
The business owner is determined to be low-income pursuant to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) family household income requirements.
2018 Income Limits:
- 1 Person $ 61,250
- 2 Persons $ 70,000
- 3 Persons $ 78,750
- 4 Persons $ 87,450
- 5 Persons $ 94,450
- 6 Persons $ 101,450
- 7 Persons $ 108,450
- 8 or More Persons $ 115,450
City staff will determine if your business serves at least 51% Low to Moderate Income residents based on its proximity to neighborhoods and the goods/services it provides.