FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18CF2213
Date: Aug. 7, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – Law enforcement is seeking potential additional victims of a high school volleyball coach charged today with unlawful sexual intercourse with three minor students.
Defendant: Omar Rojas, 28, Santa Ana
Charged today with the following felony counts:
- (6) Unlawful sexual intercourse
- (4) Oral copulation of a minor
- (2) Sexual penetration by foreign object of a minor
Maximum Sentence: 11 years and four months in state prison
Arraignment set for Aug 7, 2018, time to be determined, at Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crimes, Rojas was employed in his current position as a volleyball coach at Century High School in Santa Ana. Rojas has also recently been employed as a District Safety Officer at an Intermediate School in Santa Ana.
- Between Oct. 1, 2013 and Oct. 31, 2013, Rojas is accused of having unlawful sexual intercourse with 15-year-old Jane Doe 3.
- Between Oct. 1, 2015 and Oct. 31, 2015, the defendant is accused of having unlawful sexual intercourse and orally copulating 17-year-old Jane Doe 2.
- Between March 2016 and October 2016, Rojas is further accused of having unlawful sexual intercourse, sexually penetrating by a foreign object, and orally copulating 17 year-old Jane Doe 1.
- The defendant is accused of having the victims excused from class in order to meet them for the purposes of engaging in sexual activity on campus.
- Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD), who investigated this case, arrested Rojas on Aug. 3, 2018.
Anyone who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact SAPD Detective Nick Vega at 714-245-8368 or Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman at 714-347-8794.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Raquel Cooper, Sexual Assault Unit.