FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18CM06901
Date: Aug. 3, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A medical doctor was arraigned today after being charged with disorderly conduct for secretly filming guests in the bathroom at his home.
Defendant: Duc Minh Vu, 33, Orange
Charged with the following misdemeanor counts:
- (13) Disorderly conduct – secretly filming another
Maximum Sentence: Six and a half years in county jail
Pre-trial hearing on Sept. 10, 2018, 8:30 a.m. at Department C-60, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crimes, Vu was a practicing physician employed at University of California, Irvine.
- Vu is accused of placing a camera disguised as a black USB outlet charger and a digital clock in the bathroom and secretly filming over a dozen guests and roommates with the concealed cameras.
- On Aug. 5, 2017, one of the victims discovered the two cameras.
- John Doe called the Orange Police Department (OPD), who investigated this case and arrested the defendant at the scene
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Stephanie Henderson, Central Justice Center.