Case # 18CF0877
Date: April 2, 2018
*The investigation in this case is ongoing
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was charged today with soliciting another to commit rape after attempting to purchase a 4-year-old girl for sex through an online escort.
Defendant: Nicolas Ryan Castillo, 29, Yorba Linda
Charged on April 2, 2018, with the following felony count:
- Soliciting another to commit lewd acts upon a child
Maximum Sentence: Four years in state prison
Bail review hearing on April 6, 2018, 8:30 a.m. at Department C-55, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- In February 2018, Castillo is accused of contacting Jane Doe online and arranging to engage in commercial sex.
- During the course of their communication, the defendant is accused of asking Jane Doe if she could procure a young child for him to meet with multiple times per month for a set fee, and describing in detail what sex acts he desired during those sessions.
- Jane Doe contacted the Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD) to report Castillo’s statements.
- SAPD detectives investigated this case and arrested Castillo on March 28, 2018.
The investigation in this case is ongoing. Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact SAPD Detective Nick Vega at 714-245-8368 or Supervising District Attorney Investigator Frank Reynoso at 714-347-8560.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Daniel Varon, HEAT Unit