ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 8, 2017
Case # 17CF0684
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A music producer was sentenced yesterday to 10 years in state prison for pimping and pandering four women in Orange County and Los Angeles.
Defendant: Brandon Christopher Ramsay, 25, Granada Hills (AKA “Ramsay Tha Great”)
Pleaded guilty on Nov. 7, 2017, to:
- (4) Pimping
- (3) Pandering
- Pandering by promise, threats, or violence
- Human Trafficking
- Assault with a firearm
Sentence: 10 years in state prison
Circumstances of the Case
Ramsay is a pimp who exploits women for financial gain. Pimps often establish rigid rules that their victims are expected to follow including requiring victims to speak only when spoken to, address the pimp as “Sir” or “Daddy,” assigning seats in the car based on “rank,” and setting daily quotas that the victims are expected to fulfill. The victims are required to turn over all payment they receive for sex acts from sex purchasers to their pimp. Failure to follow these rules can result in deprivation of food and/or physical and/or emotional abuse.
- Between July 2016 and November 2016, Ramsay pimped and pandered 19-year-old Jane Doe 4, who he met during the shooting of a music video.
- The defendant and Jane Doe 4 began living together and the defendant posted prostitution-related ads of Jane Doe on websites known for commercial sex.
- The defendant set the prices for the sex acts Jane Doe 4 would engage in and wanted her to make $1,000 each day. Jane Doe 4 had to turn over all proceeds to the defendant.
- The defendant later became physically aggressive and controlling with Jane Doe 4 and assaulted her on multiple occasions, including choking her on at least two occasions and assaulting her with a firearm one time.
- Between December 2016 and January 2017, after Jane Doe 4 left the defendant, the defendant then met and began pimping and pandering 21-year-old Jane Doe 3.
- Ramsay posted advertisements of Jane Doe 3 soliciting commercial sex and arranged meetings between the victim and sex purchasers in Los Angeles and Orange County.
Prior to Feb. 7, 2017, Ramsay pimped and pandered 18-year-old Jane Doe 1 and 20-year-old Jane Doe 2 in areas of Orange County known for prostitution. Ramsay used money the victims received from commercial sex for his benefit.
- On Feb. 7, 2017, members of the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF) located online advertisements depicting Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 soliciting commercial sex.
- An undercover officer contacted one of the victims and arranged to meet both victims at a motel on Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim.
- After the victims were contacted by the police, Ramsay called Jane Doe 2’s cell phone multiple times and asked where she was and drove into the parking lot of the motel.
- Officers contacted the defendant, who possessed evidence of pimping and sending text messages to the victims containing language consistent with pimping prior to his arrest.
- OCHTTF investigated this case and discovered Jane Doe 3 and Jane Doe 4 were additional victims.
Members of the OCHTTF and the Orange County District Attorney’s (OCDA) Office work proactively to protect women and minors from falling victim to commercial sexual exploitation. This case was investigated by OCHTTF, a partnership between Anaheim Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Costa Mesa Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Irvine Police Department, Newport Beach Police Department, OCDA, Orange County Sheriff’s Department, Santa Ana Police Department, and community and non-profit partners.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Juliet Oliver, HEAT Unit
Proposition 35 and HEAT
To read more about California’s anti-human trafficking Proposition 35 and the OCDA’s Human Exploitation and Trafficking (HEAT) Unit, please visit www.orangecountyda.org and select Human Trafficking Information from the Media Center drop down menu.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson