TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Date: September 15, 2017
*Same sentence a defendant convicted of first degree murder receives
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison for having sexual intercourse and committing lewd acts on his 4-year-old female relative.
Defendant: Ricardo Interiano-Rivas, 50, Costa Mesa
Found guilty by a jury on June 29, 2017, of the following felony counts:
- Sexual intercourse with a child younger than 10 years old
- (2) Lewd act upon a child under 14
- Sentencing Enhancement Allegation
- Substantial sexual contact with a child
- 25 years to life in state prison
- Mandatory lifetime sex offender registration
Circumstances of the Case
- On July 20, 2015, Interiano-Rivas had sexual intercourse with and committed lewd acts on 4-year-old Jane Doe.
- The defendant was caught by Jane Doe’s teenage relative, who immediately contacted the Costa Mesa Police Department.
- DNA and medical evidence linked Interiano-Rivas to the assault.
- Jane Doe, then 6 years old, testified during the trial.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Bobby Taghavi, Sexual Assault Unit
Contact : Michelle Van Der Linden, Spokesperson 714-347-8405