ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 17HF1025
Date: August 9, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) is seeking the public’s help identifying potential additional victims of a man who is accused of forcibly raping and sexually assaulting two teenagers in Santa Ana and San Juan Capistrano.
Defendant: Alejandro Hernandez Garcia, 41, San Juan Capistrano
- Forcible rape
- Sodomy by force
- Rape by use of drug
- (2) Sexual penetration by foreign object
- (2) Forcible oral copulation
- Sentencing Enhancements:
- Substantial risk of harm to the victim
- 98 years to life in state prison
- Mandatory sex offender registration pursuant to PC 290
Aug. 18, 2017, 10:00 a.m. at Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Bail: $1 million
Circumstances of the Case:
- On or about July 13, 2016, Garcia is accused of approaching 16-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a residential neighborhood in the city of San Juan Capistrano.
- Jane Doe 1 knew the defendant only as “Tiburon,” a nickname which means “shark” in Spanish.
- The defendant is accused of pulling Jane Doe 1 into a garage, locking the door, and sexually assaulting the victim.
- On the evening of Aug.18, 2016, the defendant is accused of contacting 19-year-old Jane Doe 2, who was lost in the city of Santa Ana.
- The defendant is accused of providing Jane Doe 2 with an alcoholic beverage which, unknown to the victim, contained an illegal drug. Garcia is further accused of sexually assaulting Jane Doe 2 in the backseat of his car.
- On July 30, 2017, Garcia is accused of returning to Jane Doe 1’s neighborhood in San Juan Capistrano.
- Jane Doe 1 saw the defendant and identified him as the man who sexually assaulted her, and contacted the Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD).
- Santa Ana Police Department and OCSD conducted a joint investigation and OCSD arrested Garcia on Aug. 1, 2017.
The investigation in this case is ongoing. Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact OCDA Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman 714-347-8794.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Heidi Garrel of the Sexual Assault Unit.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson