FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 28, 2017
Go Stress-Free, Go OC Fair Express
The OC Fair Express continues to attract higher weekend ridership than previous years
ORANGE – Since the express bus service to the OC Fair began in 2011, more fair-goers have continued to discover how the OC Fair Express provides a convenient, stress-free ride to and from the OC Fair.
After its first two weekends of service this year, ridership on the Orange County Transportation Authority’s OC Fair Express has grown 36 percent compared to last year. Nearly 30,000 people so far this summer have taken the express service, saving time and money along the way.
The fair express service is $2 each way from nine different locations, and drops passengers off just feet from the entrance to the OC Fair. Upon boarding, riders receive a coupon for a discounted admission price of $3 – that’s a $9 savings over the fair’s regular price.
The OC Fair Express runs from 11 a.m. to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays, from now until Aug. 13.
Four of the nine locations available are Metrolink stations and riders can use their valid Metrolink passes from connecting trains to ride the OC Fair Express for free.
Locations where riders can catch the OC Fair Express include:
- Anaheim: Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (Metrolink), 2626 E. Katella Ave.
- Anaheim Canyon: Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station, 1039 N. Pacificenter Drive
- Fullerton: Fullerton Park-and-Ride, 3000 W. Orangethorpe Ave.
- Huntington Beach: Goldenwest Transportation Center, 7301 Center Ave.
- Irvine: Irvine Metrolink Station, 15215 Barranca Parkway
- Laguna Hills: Laguna Hills Transportation Center, 24282 Calle de los Caballeros
- Orange: The Village at Orange, 1500 E. Village Way
- Santa Ana: The Depot at Santa Ana (Metrolink), 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd.
- San Juan Capistrano: Junipero Serra Park-and-Ride, I-5 Freeway and Junipero Serra Road.
Tickets for the Fair Express can be purchased electronically through the OC Bus app, where they also can easily check routes and schedules.
For more information: www.octa.net/ocfairexpress.