ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
Case # 13CF3891
Date: May 23, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man is scheduled to face trial tomorrow for sexually assaulting three women in mall, fast food, and church parking lots.
Defendant: Raymond Martin Boykin, 21, Anaheim
- (3) Forcible oral copulation
- Kidnapping to commit sex offense
- Assault with intent to commit a sexual offense
- Second degree robbery
- Unlawful taking of a vehicle
- Evading while driving recklessly
- Sentencing Enhancements: Personal use of a deadly weapon; Multiple victims
Maximum Sentence: 60 years to life in state prison
Jury trial opening statements: May 24, 2017, 8:45 a.m. at Department W-13, West Justice Center, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Dec. 7, 2013, Raymond Martin Boykin is accused of kidnapping Jane Doe 3 as she walked down Chapman Avenue in Orange by pulling her into a Weinerschnitzel parking lot.
- The defendant is accused of stealing the victim’s phone before fleeing the scene.
Jane Doe 3 reported the crime to Orange Police Department, who investigated and collected forensic evidence.
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2013, Boykin is accused of approaching 19-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a parking structure at MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana.
- The defendant is accused of forcing his way into the victim’s car, assaulting the victim with a weapon, sexually assaulting her, and stealing her purse, then fleeing the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Santa Ana Police Department.
- At approximately 6:15 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin is accused of approaching 42-year-old Jane Doe 2 in the parking lot of Sa Rang Community Church in Anaheim.
- The defendant is accused of forcing his way into her car, assaulting the victim with a weapon, and sexually assaulting her, then stealing Jane Doe 2’s car and fleeing the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Anaheim Police Department (APD).
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin is accused of being observed by an APD officer driving in the stolen vehicle.
- The defendant is accused of leading officers in a pursuit before crashing into another vehicle and fleeing on foot.
- Boykin is accused of hiding in a nearby apartment, where he was located by police canines and arrested.
- The defendant is accused of being linked to Jane Doe 3 through forensic evidence after his arrest.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky of the Sexual Assault Unit is prosecuting this case.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson