Sender One is the first indoor rock climbing facility owned and designed by the world’s most iconic rock climber, Chris Sharma. They are opening their cutting edge climbing, yoga, and fitness facility on June 14 & 15, 2013. They will be open on June 15, 2013, from 10 am to 10 pm, with free climbing all day and a Pro Team Competition.
Grand Opening Schedule:
- 10 am – Doors Open
- 6 pm – Bouldering Closed
- 7 pm – Pro Team Competition
- 8 pm – Bouldering Reopens After Comp
- 10 pm – Doors Close
Open to Everyone!
- Space is limited due to maximum occupancy limits, so arrive early! Members receive priority admission, so buy your membership today at http://senderoneclimbing.com.
- Also save time by filling out our online waiver at http://goo.gl/OUocv.
- Space is limited for top rope and lead belay testing, so arrive early if you plan to take either test.
- We’ll have belayers on hand for new climbers and people who just need a catch!
- Space is limited for watching the Pro Team Competition! A line will form outside the building for admittance into the Bouldering Area during the Competition.
- Great vendors like Sanuk, Prana, Evolv, Sterling Rope, Petzl, Clif Bar, and REI will be on hand with free gear and amazing deals from the morning through the afternoon. Check them out!
- DogZilla, The Burnt Truck, Piaggio, A Bite Truck, and Longboards Ice Cream Truck will be in the parking lot if you would like to purchase food.
- Receive one free raffle ticket upon check-in for a chance to win some great prizes throughout the event! Additional raffle tickets may be purchased for $1 each. All proceeds benefit 2 fantastic local charities — KidWorks and Friends of Joshua Tree.
Belay Test Guidelines
- For Top Rope Belay Tests only: You must be proficient with the GriGri2, as they are attached to every top rope in the gym. A GriGri2 will be provided for this belay test.
- For Lead Belay Tests only: You must provide your own rope and belay device. Only the GriGri, GriGri2, and tube-style belay devices like the Petzl Verso, Petzl Reverso, and Black Diamond ATC are allowed for lead belay in the gym.
- The Pull-Brake-Under-Slide (PBUS) belay technique is the only one accepted at Sender One. You may not utilize a Pinch-and-Slide or other belay technique.
- Please note that due to high safety standards and expected high traffic, we must be very stringent with our belay testing. We will only issue belay cards tp experienced and highly proficient belayers.
- Absolutely no running inside the facility.
- You must be 14 & older to be in the Bouldering Area (except during the Pro Team Competition Event).
- Please observe all posted rules and good climbing etiquette.
- Above all, HAVE FUN!
- This special initiation price of $25 applies anytime before June 15th, 2013.
- Dues of $75/month are charged on the 1st of each month.
- This membership is no contract, cancel anytime.
1441 Village Way, Santa Ana, CA 92705