Well, tonight is the First Saturday of the Month, which means you can head down to Downtown Santa Ana for the monthly Art Walk, which features arts, crafts and live entertainment centrally located at: Artists Village – Second Street Promenade (2nd & Broadway) & the Santiago Arts Colony (Santa Ana Blvd. & Poinsettia).
But do Santa Ana’s residents still care about the Art Walk? It is mostly attended by folks who don’t live here. They come here to gawk at the art and hang out with the artists, although few of these folks actually buy any art. They get drunk at the Memphis, Chapter One, Crosby and the Copper Door. They chow down at some of those same venues, plus a few others. They might even head to the Yost for music by performers I never heard of.
But is any of this worth it to the people of Santa Ana? I don’t know. But if you dig this then here are a few links to what is going on tonight:
- Cal State Fullerton’s Grand Central Art Center
- A night at the Art Walk with the Vagabond Tales
- Richard de la Cruz Solo Exhibition
- Street Spirit with the Bellhaunts at Left of the Dial Records
- Konsept at the Second Street Promenade
- Closing Reception for “Power Points” and “Kevin Hass Photographs”
- CLUB LUCKY PRESENTS: CRUSH SUNDAY 18+ w/DJ Bipjeffington/Adrenaline/Venus D Lite/Photos by And!