The 55th annual Swallows’ Day Parade and Mercado will be held on Saturday, March 23, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., in downtown San Juan Capistrano. The Swallows’ Day Parade is part of the Fiesta de las Golondrinas—the Festival of the Swallows. The festival is built around the swallows’ legendary return to Mission San Juan Capistrano every St. Joseph’s Day, March 19. The Swallows’ Day Parade is the largest non-motorized parade in the nation, and great fun for the whole family! The parade is a popular event, so be sure to arrive early to avoid street closures that start at 10:00 a.m. The parade will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Stroll Through the Mercado
The Swallows’ Day Mercado is a colorful street fair and marketplace with more than 100 booths where you can eat, drink, and shop. It will be THE place to be after the parade. Listen and dance to the live music of The Working Cowboy Band, a traditional country music band. You’ll find a variety of booths where you can grab a bite, and take the kids to the family entertainment and kids play zone in the Historic Town Center Park.
Win FREE Metrolink Tickets
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Tustin Metrolink Station
2975 Edinger Avenue
Tustin, CA 92780
Join us for a kick off event at the Tustin Metrolink Station on Saturday, March 23, starting at 8:30 a.m. Spin the prize wheel for a chance to win FREE Metrolink round trip tickets and other prizes! Enjoy free live music by Headshine and free food provided by Corner Bakery Cafe and Nothing Bundt Cakes. The event starts at 8:30 a.m., and the train for San Juan Capistrano leaves Tustin at 9:51 a.m.
Save With a $10 Weekend Pass
OCTA and Metrolink can help you get to the Swallows’ Day Parade & Mercado. Buy a Metrolink Weekend Pass for just $10. The pass is valid for travel from 7 p.m. Friday until 11:59 p.m. Sunday. Get your Weekend Pass at any Metrolink station ticket vending machine.
HOW TO GET THERE BY TRAIN
To the Swallows’ Day Parade
- Board Metrolink Train 660 or 859 at the station nearest to you. Check the schedules below.
- Arrive at San Juan Capistrano station.
- From the station, walk to the parade and Mercado in the Town Center Park, on El Camino Real just off Ortega Highway.
- The Swallows’ Day Parade begins promptly at 11 a.m.; hours for the Mercado street fair and marketplace are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walk back to the San Juan Capistrano Metrolink station.
- Take Metrolink Train 667 or 860 from San Juan Capistrano to stations north and east. Check the schedules below.
For more train schedules, cilck here.
Looking for more fun? Try our interactive Fun Guide at www.octa.net/explore for fun places to explore in OC.