The new membership for Santa Ana College’s Measure Q bond Committee includes former RSCCD Trustee Mark McLaughlin -didn’t he receive campaign funds from college contractors who he will be overseeing now? I smell conflict of interest!
And why was Carolyn Cavecche, a former Mayor of Orange, appointed to this Committee? I thought only Santa Ana residents could vote for Measure Q? How can she now be part of this committee? Did I miss something?
Also how could they not find a single student or senior representative? Unbelievable. The RSCCD Trustees may include more Latinos now but nothing has changed at the district.
Here are the new Measure Q Committee members:
Name Membership Category
- Eric Alderete, Community, At-Large
- Carolyn Cavecche, Taxpayers Association
- Nellie Caudillo Kaniski, Community, At-Large
- Mark McLoughlin, Business Organization
- Kenneth Nguyen, Community, At-Large
- Ken Purcell, Support Organization – SAC Foundation
- Cesar Vargas, Community, At-Large
- Vacant, Senior Citizen’s Group
- Vacant, Santa Ana College Student