John Wayne Airport
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 18, 2012
Contact: Jenny Wedge, Office: (949) 252-5182, email@example.com
TRAVEL TIPS FOR JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PASSENGERS
TRAVELING DURING DECEMBER HOLIDAY SEASON
SANTA ANA, Calif. – John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period between December 21 and January 4, 2012. Last year, more than 440,000 passengers traveled through JWA during this period. To ensure a smooth visit to the Airport, passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive at the Airport 1-½-to-2 hours prior to departure time for domestic flights, and 3 hours for international flights.
Travelers are encouraged to plan ahead during the busy holiday travel season.
JWA offers the following holiday travel tips:
- Check JWA’s website for the most up-to-date construction alerts along with other helpful travel tips.
- For visitors picking up passengers, visit our online flight information page to track the status of the flights into Orange County.
- Travelers may also want to arrive a little early to take advantage of JWA’s many new venues to get a great meal, snack or a drink before catching their flights. Click here for a list of food and beverage options.
- As a reminder, gifts should not be wrapped as they are subject to search, even if placed in checked baggage.
- Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces (approximately tennis ball size) will be permitted in carry-on luggage if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit in the same one clear, plastic, quart-sized, re-sealable bag, as the passenger’s other liquids. Larger sizes may be packed in checked baggage. See TSA’s website for more information.
Parking Options at JWA
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day, and is located on the Departure (upper) Level in front of the Riley Terminal. There are two drop-off locations: (1) curbside between Terminals A and B, or (2) curbside between Terminals B and C.
- Parking Structures A1 and A2 are located adjacent to and directly across from Terminal A; Parking Structures B2 and C are closest to Terminals B and C. Rates are $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Terminal parking is accessible from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
Know Before You Go from TSA and CBP
- Review Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Travel Tips to become familiar with what items are prohibited, including the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons. Visit www.tsa.gov for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Visit http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/
vacation/ to learn more. Note: Travelers to and from Canada will clear Customs in Canada before returning to the United States.
# # #
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Mexico and Canada. More information can be found at www.ocair.com or at facebook.com/johnwayneairport or on twitter.com @johnwayneair.