“A two-minute flash mob by Occupy Santa Ana protesters did not seem to have the intended effect, leaving some Wal-Mart employees scratching their heads,” according to the L.A. Times.
“Afterward, as the protesters drove away, a handful Walmart employees gathered outside the store’s entrance. One woman called the protest “stupid.” Another said it was “disrespectful,” according to the O.C. Register.
The OC Weekly article about the lame flash mob got a lot of comments – and most of them were anti-Occupy. And according to reporters and to commenters on Facebook, at most ONE shopper cheered the flash mob – and only ONE worker had anything kind to say about them. FAIL!
What did we learn from the failed Santa Ana Occupy flash mob at Wal Mart? Well, for starters, it is obvious these folks are NOT speaking for the “99%.” They are not the majority of Americans – they are the lunatic fringe on the left.
Most Americans know that you have to work to support yourself and your family. These imbeciles are urging working Americans to quit their jobs – in the middle of the worst recession in modern times! How will the Wal Mart workers feed their families if they walk away from their gainful employment? Occupy Santa Ana doesn’t care about that!
Recent news about Occupy is clearly showing that this movement is dying – and it does NOT represent mainstream Americans:
- The City Hall park where Occupy Los Angeles protesters are camped will be closed at 12:01 a.m. Monday, according to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, triggering what officials hope will be an end to the nation’s largest remaining Occupy camp. (L.A. Times)
- Recent polling indicates that most Americans simply aren’t buying Occupy’s B.S. “The movement remains overwhelmingly white: A Fast Company survey last month found that African Americans, who are 12.6 percent of the U.S. population, make up only 1.6 percent of Occupy Wall Street.” (Washington Post)
- Douglas Schoen, a Democratic pollster, reported in the Wall Street Journal that “Occupy Wall Street is a group of engaged progressives who are disillusioned with the capitalist system and have a distinct activist orientation. Among the general public, by contrast, 41% of Americans self-identify as conservative, 36% as moderate, and only 21% as liberal. That’s why the Obama-Pelosi embrace of the movement could prove catastrophic for their party.”
- Schoen polling data also confirmed that “virtually all (98%) say they would support civil disobedience to achieve their goals, and nearly one-third (31%) would support violence to advance their agenda.”
- Politico.com reported that a “poll found that support for the Occupy movement is weakening while opposition to the protesters is gaining momentum. Thirty-three percent of respondent said in a Public Policy Polling poll that they support the protesters’ goals, while 45 percent said they are against them. Last month, 35 percent of voters said they support the Occupiers, while 26 percent said they opposed their movement.”
- The Daily Caller, reporting about the same poll, found that “Significantly, the movement’s support among independent voters has waned. The report notes independents have ”gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street’s goals 39–34, to opposing them 34–42.”