The City of Santa Ana held their public 4th of July Fireworks show yesterday, on July 3, so now what will you do today? Well, here are a few ideas:
- If you live in Santa Ana, you can use Safe and Sane legal fireworks. Great deals abound at the North East Santa Ana Little League TNT Fireworks Booth. Click here for details.
- Go to Santa Ana’s Lyon Air Museum. They are open today! Founded by Major General William Lyon, Lyon Air Museum is located on the west side of John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California. Lyon Air Museum is collocated with Martin Aviation, an Air/Lyon Inc. company and award-winning general aviation repair facility established by the famed Eddie Martin back in 1923. The Lyon Air Museum exhibit is comprised of authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II. Through captivating and thought provoking exhibits based in historical scholarship, visitors gain a better understanding of the important role the United States plays in shaping world history. Click here for directions.
- Park Santiago Neighborhood Association’s 4th of July Parade. Monday, July 4, check-in starts at 3:30 pm. The parade starts at 4 pm. Meet at the Park Santiago Lawn Bowling Center. Refreshments will be provided at the end of the parade, during the judging of the floats. Click here for details.
- 27th Annual Irvine Concert on the Green and Firework Festival. The Irvine Police Association’s 27th Annual Concert on the Green and Firework Festival will be taking place on Monday July 4th at Irvine High School Football Stadium located at 4321 Walnut Ave next to Heritage Park. The gates will open at 3pm. Like always, this year’s event will include field games and activities, bounce houses, and live music. The Irvine Police Department Color Guard will do a presentation of the colors in the evening and at 9pm we will also present an exciting sky concert and firework extravaganza. Food will be available for purchase throughout the day. Santa Ana’s Derek Bordeaux will be performing.
- Also in Irvine, July 4 Tribute – Elvis Lives! – A patriotic tribute to the King featuring some of Elvis Presley’s biggest hits like “All Shook Up,” “Love Me Tender,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “Hound Dog” and more. The Pacific Symphony will be backing an internationally renowned tribute artist. A fireworks spectacular follows the performance. 8 p.m. July 4. $25-$139. Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, 8808 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine. 714-755-5799. Great seats still available in all sections! Online sales close at 9AM on July 4. The box ofice at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is open from noon to 8PM on July 4. EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL: $25 Terrace seats, available noon to 2PM only on July 4. STUDENT/SENIOR RUSH: 50% off regular price in all sections, available noon to 8PM on July 4. Why not bring the whole family! Children under 14 are half-price in most sections.
- Tustin July 4th Celebration – Tustin’s annual Fourth of July Celebration is free. You can sit in the bleachers or spread out a blanket on the grass and enjoy a picnic dinner with your family and friends. The Tustin Boosters will have their snack bar open for drinks, snacks, and barbeque items. Their new entrance is on San Juan. 6:30 p.m. July 4. Tustin High School, 1171 El Camino Real, Tustin. 714-573-3326.