The O.C. Voter Registrar has just about processed all the votes. Here are a few of the more interesting results:
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez beat Van Tran, by 8 points. The votes are still being counted, but it is over for the Trannies.
- No problem for State Senator Lou Correa. He easily beat Lucille Kring.
- Same goes for Assemblyman Jose Solorio, who wiped the floor with Robert Hammond.
- In Santa Ana, it is over for Alfredo Amezcua and his unhinged coalition. Mayor Miguel Pulido won with almost half the vote. Amezcua only got 25% of the vote – he spent perhaps 200K for just over 6,000 votes. Ouch!
- The other Santa Ana mayoral candidates are far behind, but Charles Hart edged out George Collins. Who cares though. They really weren’t a factor in this race.
- Sal Tinajero won in Ward 6, with close to 52% of the vote. Nam Pham got 26% of the vote. Helen Martinez didn’t matter in this race.
- And in case you are wondering, in the SAUSD school board race John Palacio won and Audrey Yamagata-Noji is behind him. Turnout was low. But I spent less than a thousand and got over six thousand votes. Let’s just say I spent a lot less per vote than Amezcua did for his 6,000 votes! Thanks to all that supported me and voted for me. I will run again in two years – and this time we will start early and run a major campaign. And I will continue to run my www.fixthesausd.com blog in the interim.