Hello! If you have not yet registered for the Santa Ana Urban Leadership Forum 2010, there is still time!
When: Saturday, May 1, 2010, 9 am-2 pm, no cost to attendees (lunch included)
Where: Rancho Santiago College District Office, Board Room, located at 2323 N Broadway, Santa Ana, CA, 92706
Who: Neighborhood leaders and those wanting to make a difference
Learn the skills that leaders absolutely need to bring about change in their communities within Santa Ana!
- Strengthening your organization & building alliances
- Effective interaction with your city government
- Promoting responsible economic development
- Make a difference by strengthening your organization and interacting more effectively with the City of Santa Ana!
Register by calling (714) 567-5138, or click here. Please register by April 16, 2010.
If you need further information, please call 714-745-1692.
Connect-to-Council’s objectives for the Santa Ana residents:
- To increase neighborhood participation in civic affairs and empower representative leaders to have a greater voice in the decision making processes that affect their lives.
- To bring neighborhood and city government representatives together to actively communicate and strategize about shared concerns and opportunities.
- To develop a new civic infrastructure that empowers neighborhood association leaders to positively and constructively communicate with their elected officials to develop a foundation for innovative ways to deal with a variety of issues including economic development, housing affordability, foreclosures, redevelopment, gangs, safety concerns and violence.
- To develop more sustainable neighborhood leadership through an educational conference to help neighborhood representatives obtain a better understanding of our city structure, learn leadership strategies and community problem solving techniques.